Are you for serious? The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
The other day, I received notification that a fellow Aussie blogger at Life is short. Eat Hard! had nominated me for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thank you so much for nominating me and I’m chuffed to know that you enjoy reading my blog! It still feels a little weird knowing that there are people out there who voluntarily take the time to read about my passion (or obsession) for food (and other random things). It’s been a wonderful bloggy journey so far and I’ve been in touch with so many other wonderful bloggers who also share my passion.
So, let’s get down to business. My duty as a recipient of this award is to complete the following tasks:
- Display the award logo on your blog – check.
- Link back to the person who nominated you – check.
- State 7 things about yourself – check. I’m going to cheat a little and re-post some of the things I revealed from an earlier nomination. Don’t judge me for this because I’d like to keep a bit of mystery about me.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them – once again, checkish.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements – check.
Seven things about me…..
- I’m a bit of a nerd. The biological, chemical and medical sciences excite me. I’m also quite partial to things that are fantasy or science fiction-y in nature. I also study as a hobby.
- I love to read….a lot. My partner bought me a Kindle and banned me from buying physical books because there’s just too many of them to store in our little house.
- I’m very organised. I like things to be in, what I consider, their place. Or is that called OCD?
- I love food. Who would’ve thought? I can get quite pre-occupied with food, sometimes thinking about what I’m going to eat next before I finish what I’m currently eating.
- I love a bargain. I love the thrill of being able to find bargains and not having to pay full price for anything. I think this also has something to do with feeling like you’re “sticking it to the man” when you pay less than RRP.
- I love stationary. There is something about pens, pencils and notebooks that gets me very excited. One of my favourite places to shop is Officeworks. Yes – very sad.
- I am crazy about iconic t-shirts. If it has a cool, cheesy, cute, witty saying, logo or picture on it – I’ll own it. This drives my partner crazy, because my wardrobe basically consists of these t-shirts and he thinks I spend way too much money on them. Here is a sneak peek at part of my collection:
As I’ve mentioned on my Acknowledgements page, I’m still new to blogging so I haven’t really explored enough of the blogosphere to have 15 nominations. But, I do have a few new sources of inspiration to add to my previous list.
- Lee at Cook. Eat. Blog. – Lee is amazing! This guy can truly cook! His massive repertoire of recipes from all over the World inspires me to try new recipes that I would never have thought to try.
- Natural Euphoria – This young lady has the most amazing food experiences and even more amazing photos of food, which frequently gives me pings of inspiration. I even have a blog post up my sleeve that has been inspired by this blog.
- Dee at dbites – Adelaide Food Blog – A blog about everything great about food in Adelaide. This blog inspires me to explore and experience what my home town of Adelaide has to offer.
- The team at The Chopping Board – Another fantastic Adelaide food blog that reviews the many wonderful places to eat around Adelaide.